Gypsum Library "Create a READ" poster report by Joyce Roe


I took a picture of the children on the last day of reading program, 2008. We gave them star sunglasses and we asked for attitude. The picture was so cute, I decided to make it into a poster. Its titled, "Read with Attitude". The posters is in our library. Everyone enjoys it. Many comments are made about it. Including, how did you get it made into a poster?

For 2009 reading program, we had a story theater. Michelle Meade was our guest. In costume, the children acted out, "Anansi and the Moss-covered Rock". I took a picture of them in costume. Wrote "Be Creative @ Gypsum Library". The poster is in our library. The kids thought that was cool to be on a poster. I made a poster for each family to take home. They really enjoyed getting one to take home.

We do story time for pre-school age children. One day our program was on hats. We read about hats and made hats out of tissue paper. I took a picture of one of the children in her hat while she was holding the book, Old Hat, New Hat. I removed the library out of the background and put her on a rock in a rock garden with a small waterfall. Its titled, "Story time @ Gypsum Community Library". I just hung it up in the library today. It will be fun to hear the comments. It is really cute.

When I took the Read posters workshop, Mary Ann took my picture. I made a poster of myself reading my favorite children's book with the summer reading program background. It advertised the time and dates of summer reading program which was displayed in our library. I must say, I enjoyed the workshop and being able to be creative. The posters have brought many smiles!

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks