Tips from librarians completing the weeding project

Lincoln Carnegie Library Director Nancy Jensen

"I put all of the books in our book sale. The first part of August I took the books that were left and separated them in to nice ones and yucky ones. The nice ones I took to auction. The yucky ones went to recycling."

Courtland Library Director Barb Langston

"A person that served on the board in the past volunteered to help me in the library. I asked if she would help with this CE project. She agreed and it has made the project more enjoyable. We set up a specific time of the week to work on it. We met each week when the library was closed to the public. It was beneficial to have the quiet to work and having someone else here made me keep on task and not switch to jobs I prefer to work on. One negative with this is the volunteer is not as detail oriented as I would prefer and I have to double-check some of the work performed."

Weeded items were "donated to Salvation Army, DAV and Good Will in Salina, Kansas."

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks