Burr Oak Create a READ poster CE Project report by Tammy Finnell

The Burr Oak Library attended the Read Poster Workshop. While there we were taught a little bit about PhotoShop. We were given examples of different projects that we could do.

I decided that I would take advantage of the workshop by creating a Summer Reading Program poster for this summer’s program.

Mary Ann June took my picture sitting on the floor of the meeting room cross legged. I chose a colorful children’s book to hold in front of me like I was reading it. Mary Ann then took me through the steps of photo shop to crop myself out of the original picture and put myself into one of the “Be Creative at Your Library” pages from the clip art disc that was given to each library with this year’s notebook.

I chose to use a color that was in the clip art to use in the print. The overall effect was very fun and colorful. The posters came out wonderful!!

I hung the posters in 3 nearby towns to promote the program. I also used a smaller version of the poster in the local newspaper.

I have had many patrons comment on the poster and several kids saw me and said, “Hey, I know you, you are on the summer reading poster!!”

This was a fun workshop and had a wonderful outcome to share with the community!

Tammy Finnell
Burr Oak Librarian

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks